This will require Data Admin privileges to setup and Builder for implementation.
iDashboards is able to connect to HubSpot API by using a JDBC driver. A JDBC driver is a software component enabling a Java application to interact with a database. To connect with individual databases, JDBC (Java Database Connectivity API) requires specific drivers for each database. The JDBC driver gives out the connection to the database and implements the protocol for transferring the query and result between the client and the database. iDashboards implements native protocols and does not require additional software installed on the driver host. In other words, iDashboards provides driver connectivity with the JDBC Data Source via the specified driver. This document explains a step-by-step procedure to create the Data Source with a Premium Data Connector.
CDATA for HubSpot
CData JDBC Driver for HubSpot is where we get the documentation on making this connection, however, the Premium Data Connectors are not a straight forward process which is why we make articles like this to help you make the connections more easily. This one requires a few steps, with a few different links to get very specific pieces of information to make this connection within iDashboards. The HubSpot API data connector is part of the Premium Data Connectors if you do not have these please contact your Client Success Manager.
- Once you have HubSpot completely set up and are utilizing it, then create a HubSpot Develpers account.
- If you do not need to connect to data right away or have no idea what you're doing, then I would suggest to click on Manage Test Accounts so you can see what everything does. If you are like no, I am a pro at this and need to connect to my data right away then click on Create an App.
- You will see this pop up, please click on Skip for Now, you will be able to go back to this later.
- Name your App
- Then follow the HubSpot OAuth QuickStart Guide to obtain your OAuthAccess Token
- Once you obtain your OAuthAccessToken you can create your Data Source within the Dashboards
Database URL: jdbc:hubspot:APIKey="";OAuthAccessToken="InsertOAuthAccessToken";Schema="HubSpotV3";
Driver Class: cdata.jdbc.hubspot.HubSpotDriver
- Schema Pattern: HUBSPOTV3
- Validation Query: SELECT * FROM sys_connection_props WHERE Value <> ''
- Now click Save
- Now you can create a chart/dashboard/picklist/form with your HubSpot data
For More Information:
- CData JDBC Driver for HubSpot
- HubSpot OAuth QuickStart Guide
- iDashboards Admin Manual 10. Managing Data Sources
Disclaimer: iDashboards Technical Support Engineers are not proficient in the Management and Integration of every API that exists as new APIs are being created everyday with each company that wants to provide seamless integration with other software. However, we do our best to help you make these connections because we want to assist you in your success. If you do not see an article for a connection you would like to make please contact iDashboards Support and know that it will take a bit of time to figure out what is necessary for this integration.
If the above is unable to resolve the issue, then please contact iDashboards Support for further assistance.
Please sign in to leave a comment.