Knowledge Base will allow you to create articles and save valuable information so your end-users will be empowered to share and find various resources. Based on permissions, articles will all be viewable within the Knowledge Base to any licensed user of iDashboards. However, you can also embed an article into the frame of a dashboard for specifically sharing a piece of information along with your charts and graphs. Articles are saved in the hierarchy of your choice, supporting formatted text, images, dashboard links, etc.
Log into iDashboards as Administrator
You Click on the Knowledge Base Icon You are taken the the Articles Page.
However, did you notice, there are NO ARTICLES?! What?! We can't have no Articles for a Knowledge Base.
So we click on the Create button
Which then brings us to the New Article Page
Let's Take a Closer Look at the New Article Page, we have options!
- Article Title
- Article Content
- Home brings you back to the Articles Page
- Knowledge Base Toolbar includes (left to right): Save , Cancel , Add, Copy, and Properties
- Save which saves your article, after saving it turns into Edit
- Cancel which brings you back to the Articles Page after saving, this turns into delete
- Add which turns your article into a Parent Article and creates a Child Page for the Parent Article
- Copy which copies the whole article
- Properties which opens a box with the article properties such as: Article ID, Child Articles, Pin Article, Allow Article Comments, Parent Article, Application, Language, Reset Votes, and Permissions.
- Refresh, just refreshes the article to find Child Articles
- Pin Article allows it to be Pinned to the top of the Articles Page
- You can choose to Allow or Disable Article Comments
- You can choose a Parent Article
- You can choose if you want it on the dashboards application, scorecards application or both applications
- You can select your language, currently English
- Reset, resets the article vote count
- Permissions, allow you to set which groups can view the articles, and choose if you require authentication to view.
- Link an Article to a Particular Dashboard
- Add Tags to Make Finding Articles Easy for Viewers
So once you have content the top of the Article Page Should look similar to this: The bottom of the Article will look similar to this:Then your Articles Page will Look Similar to this if You have Pinned Articles, otherwise they will appear with out the Pin icon.
Please sign in to leave a comment.