This requires Admin or Data Admin privileges for implementation and utilization.
Data Hub is an application focusing on the hosting and manipulating of data. This application is intended to assist with complex data-related tasks which are not always possible within the Dashboard Builder Application. There are two main components of the iDashboards Data Hub: Data Manipulation via ETL and a special Microsoft Excel Database for optimizing the way organizations use Excel files as a data source within the Dashboards Application.
Accessing Data Hub
Data Hub can often be accessed by the following link: http://yourdomain:6700/idbdata/
- Your organization may utilize the security feature SSL which would change http to https.
- Your organization may utilize an IP address or server name instead of a domain name.
- Your organization may utilize a different port depending on security settings and ports already being used.
Once you have logged in it will look similar to that of the admin application, however some things have been added and other things have been removed.
How Can I Best Utilize Data Hub?
- Data Storage
- Connecting Data Sources
- Creating Data Sets
- Configure, Connect and Initialize the Excel Database
- Upload Excel Files
- Checking the Status of Uploads
- Import Data
- Connect to a native built API
- Use within the Dashboards Application
- Data Manipulation
- Identifying Data Stores and Target Tables
- Editing Data Sets
- Transforming data with ETL Jobs
- Extract, Transform, and Load
- Scheduling ETL Jobs
- Checking the Status of ETL jobs
For More Information:
The Data Hub is intended to be installed on, or within the same network as the Production Installation of the Dashboards Application Server. See the dashboards Admin Manual for details. If the above is unable to resolve the issue, then please contact the Support Team for further assistance.