This will require admin privileges for implementation and viewer privileges for resolution.
Share Dashboard Feature
Is there was a way to send a guest URL with specific parameters already set?
As it turns out with the release of 10.5 the Share Dashboard option was added. To access Share Dashboard, open a dashboard as a viewer and click on the hamburger button in the upper left corner.
Click on Share Dashboard and a new menu will appear with a URL and the option to Copy or Email the URL. From here you can copy this URL as is and send it to others that have an iDashboards account. In addition, you will notice that if the dashboard contains parameters, they will be listed in the URL after the dashId as:
If you chose you can customize the URL by specifying a parameter before sending it to users.
Guest URL with Custom Parameters
What if I want to send it to someone who is not an iDashboards user?
This was the question the customer had. They wanted to be able to send a customized guest URL with specific parameters set.
- Obtain the Share Dashboard URL described in the steps above.
- Copy the URL to a text editor
- Replace the view? in the URL with the guest user component:
- Modify the parameters in the URL to customize it for the recipient:
http://www.mycompany.com/idashboards/viewer?guestuser=guest&dashID=##&p_<paramName>=<value>&p_<paramName>=<value>. . .etc.
For More Information:
- Public Access License: Guest User
- iDashboards Admin Manual 7 Managing Users
- iDashboards Admin Manual 15 Guest Logins via the Public Access License
If the above is unable to resolve the issue, then please contact truOI Support for further assistance.
Please sign in to leave a comment.