This will require being connected to your server as well as Data Admin privileges to setup and Builder for implementation.
Sometimes our documentation isn't perfect for what you need so here is how to create a Database URL, or previously Connection String, which can get you incredibly far with making any database connection, to iDashboards or any other software.
- Open Command Prompt as Administrator
- Type in: cd C:\Program Files\iDashboardsSRV\ivizgroup\drivers
- Hit Enter
- Type in: java -jar cdata.jdbc.rest.jar
- For another driver you will need to change cdata.jdbc.rest.jar to the name of your driver
- Hit Enter
- The following window will appear where you will type in your connection information:
Please Consult your Database or API Documentation for further assistance as it will help you find the necessary information to create your Database URL.
Common Documentation to Consult:
- CDATA Drivers (Premium Connectors)
- MS SQL Server on Windows
- MS SQL Server on Azure VM
- Azure SQL on Azure VM
- MS SQL Server on Linux
- MySQL Sever
- Oracle Database
- PostgreSQL Server
All Other Database Connections: iDashboards Data Admin (Data Sources)
For More Information: iDashboards Admin Manual 10. Managing Data Sources
Disclaimer: iDashboards Technical Support Engineers are not proficient in the Management and Integration of every API that exists as new APIs are being created everyday with each company that wants to provide seamless integration with other software. However, we do our best to help you make these connections because we want to assist you in your success. If you do not see an article for a connection you would like to make please contact iDashboards Support and know that it will take a bit of time to figure out what is necessary for this integration.
If the above is unable to resolve the issue, then please contact iDashboards Support for further assistance.