In this interactive dashboard example, we are tracking fleet management KPIs for a shipping and logistics organization. Costs associated with maintenance and fuel are displayed in column charts, comparing Year over Year data on a monthly basis. The user can drill down into each month to see detailed cost information related to each vehicle. This fleet management dashboard also tracks empty miles, how much of the fleet is available, average miles and age, as well as insurance costs. The dashboard uses picklist parameters so that the user can easily customize their view by the type of vehicle they’d like to know more about. Click here for a live demo.
- If you have existing items/objects with the same Names or Global IDs as above, please change them before you import the Dashboards.
Pre Import Steps
- Download the Fleet_Template.zip file
- Extract the contents of Fleet_Template.zip it will create a folder called Fleet_Template.
- From the Admin page go to Content Create a folder under the content directory called iDashboardsPacks (if it does not exist) and another in that directory called Fleet.
- Copy the contents of ..\iDashboardsPacks\Fleet\ folder into the Content\iDashboardsPacks\Fleet folder.
- Now we need to go into the Admin section and update the Global ID to the Excel Workbook database. In the Admin page, go to System then select Import\Export. From the dropdown menu select Manage Global IDs. From the menu on the left select Data Sources. Now we need to set the iDashboards Workbooks database to WORKBOOK.
- Upload the Excel Workbook labeled Fleet.xlsx from the zip file.
Import Dashboards & Charts
- Go to the Admin Console
- Menu --> System --> Import/Export --> Import Charts and Dashboards
- Choose the Fleet_Template.zip file and then hit the Submit button and follow the prompts.
Please sign in to leave a comment.