This release contains new chart types, new authentication options, increased row limits and a variety of Data Hub ETL improvements.
- New Word Cloud Chart: This chart is not a traditional chart by any means. It has a powerful capability built into the chart to analyze thousands of words (up to 1,000,000 characters total) and then:
- Count the number of times a word appears. Then, display each word in a size based on the occurrence count
- Properties include:
- Color theme
- Word Angle
- Excluded Words
- Number of words to display
- New U.S. County Map Chart: This chart displays county shapes on-top of the United States of America. This chart combines the Mapping experience of our GeoPlot Map chart (zoom, pan and background vs. foreground) and the SVG Drawing chart (interactive vector shapes). To use this chart requires the dataset to contain specific county names using one of the following syntaxes. Additionally, the State must either be included in the dataset as an individual column, or the State can be selected as a single value for the entire chart.
- Chart Designer - Data Source Caching: This feature improves performance when designing charts and generating the list of available data sources. A large number of data sources, or slow-to-connect data sources exist, this feature will improve the experience after the first time the list is generated.
- Viewer - Save Dashboard Screenshot: As a viewer, if you like what you see and want to download a PNG image file of your dashboard, you can now select the menu option Save Dashboard Screenshot. The image will be created at your current browser dimensions and will not contain the dashboard titlebar.
- Dashboard Launcher: New search field.
- Max Row Increase: iDashboards encourages fast-loading charts and dashboards. To ensure graphics do not attempt to render thousands upon thousands of data points - causing poor performance in the browser and bad experience to the end-user, the concept of an admin-controlled maximum chart row limit has been used to control this situation. To accommodate new charts that can benefit from larger data sets yet do not have to render each record, the maximum chart data row limit has been increased from 3000 to 4000.
- Authentication: To accommodate new features, we've moved all existing authentication settings into a single location.
- New Authentication options: New authentication options allow you to use OpenID Connect or SAML 2.0 as an external identity provider to manage user authentication. Enabling these options will allow a single-configuration to an identity provider, such as Google, Salesforce, Twitter, Okta, Auth0, Shibboleth and more!
- New Task Interface: Due to the increasing number of tasks within the Data Hub (twenty-seven, and counting!), a new interface will help you search and place tasks onto the canvas.
- New Task - Send Email: This task will trigger an email with a robust configuration of recipient options. In addition to customizing the email, the incoming data rows can be included as an attachment.
- New Task - Branch: This task has the potential to be the most powerful task within the Data Hub. This task is used to selectively execute or block the execution of other tasks that are downstream from it. Think IF ELSE, or IF TRUE or IF FALSE. Based on the decision, each outgoing connection that leaves the branch task is configured to execute only when the condition is true, or only when it is false.
- New Task - Queue Job: This task is a more powerful edition of Extract Sequencing, whereas it has the ability to queue an entirely different ETL Job within the same Data Hub installation.
- New Task - Queue Remote Job: This task is just like Queue Job but has the ability to queue an entirely different ETL Job on a different Data Hub installation. For this task to function, you will need to have two, or more, licensed installations of the iDashboards Data Hub, and have them connected using the Data Hub API.
- New Task - Trim Whitespace: This task will help you clean up those pesky whitespace characters in the leading/trailing position. You can also configure empty/blank handling in the event you need to unify your data to that extent.
- New Task - Replace: This might be my most favorite (and easy to use) task of all. For example, replace Apples with Oranges. For STRING columns, you will be able to find a particular word, phrase, or other groups of characters, and replacing them with another word, phrase, or group of characters. Additionally, we included multiple settings to fine-tune your search/replace logic. This includes: case-sensitivity, match-type, column-selection, Regular Expressions and Capture Groups!
To upgrade please use the Support Download Site to download the CDROM files, for new clients, you will download the Production Installer. If you have used the Support Download Site in the past, you will use the same credentials. If you have not, please contact your Client Success Manager and we can help you obtain your credentials. It is often found in your license update emails, below the licensing information, you will see download URL, username, and password.
Enterprise Release Notes are created by Development and Updated by the Support Services Team. If you find anything we missed, then please contact iDashboards Support for further assistance and they will update the article.