This will require Data Admin privileges to setup and Builder for implementation.
iDashboards is able to connect to an Azure Cosmos DB API by using a JDBC driver. A JDBC driver is a software component enabling a Java application to interact with a database. To connect with individual databases, JDBC (Java Database Connectivity API) requires specific drivers for each database. The JDBC driver gives out the connection to the database and implements the protocol for transferring the query and result between the client and the database. iDashboards implements native protocols and does not require additional software installed on the driver host. In other words, iDashboards provides driver connectivity with the JDBC Data Source via the specified driver. This document explains a step-by-step procedure to create the Data Source with a Premium Data Connector.
CData JDBC Driver for Cosmos DB (Azure) is where we get the documentation on making this connection, however, the Premium Data Connectors are not a straight forward process which is why we make articles like this to help you make the connections more easily. This one requires a few steps, with a few different links to get very specific pieces of information to make this connection within iDashboards. The Cosmos DB API data connector is part of the Premium Data Connectors if you do not have these please contact your Client Success Manager.
- Log into the Azure Portal
- Go to Settings then Keys
- Copy the URI and Primary Key to a text editor
Copy this string to the text editor and copy and paste the URI over myAccountEndpoint then copy the Primary Key over myAccountKeyData Connection
Follow the steps below to set up a data source in iDashboards Admin or Data Hub
- Login to iDashboards Admin or Data Hub
- Click Data Sources then New
- In the Create a Data Source window fill in the highlighted fields:
- Copy the string you created in CDATA Documentation and paste it into Database URL*
- Copy this class into JDBC Driver Class* cdata.jdbc.cosmosdb.CosmosDBDriver
- Check the Quote Table and Column Name and Allow Custom Queries boxes
- Once you Save your connection is complete
For More Information:
- Creating a Database URL (Connection String)
- Azure Cosmos DB Documentation
- Azure Cosmos DB SQL API Documentation
- iDashboards Admin Manual 10. Managing Data Sources
Disclaimer: iDashboards Technical Support Engineers are not proficient in the Management and Integration of every API that exists as new APIs are being created everyday with each company that wants to provide seamless integration with other software. However, we do our best to help you make these connections because we want to assist you in your success. If you do not see an article for a connection you would like to make please contact iDashboards Support and know that it will take a bit of time to figure out what is necessary for this integration.
If the above is unable to resolve the issue, then please contact iDashboards Support for further assistance.
Please sign in to leave a comment.