Enterprise Service Release v10.2b came out today. This release combines product updates and specific bug fixes as noted below.
- Wall Display (LCD Slideshow): Implemented the LRM property into the slideshow manager as a mandatory option. The LRM setting was a documented URL switch that was previously optional. Using LRM would clear the cache on the browser and improve performance to allow slideshows to run continuously without issue.
- Reports: Added additional date formats when configuring a report.
- Data Hub:
- Improved the performance for small ETL jobs (by not forcefully executing garbage collection within Java)
- The Salesforce API was upgraded to notify the user when an unknown data type column is retrieved using SOQL.
- General performance and UI enhancements: Slow-loading spinner added to the Dashboard launcher, Drilldown permissions, etc.
- Unlimited Web (guest user): Fixed an issue where the guest login would not work on mobile
- Builder Permissions: Fixed an issue where the Builder role could not build or edit charts
- Admin: Fixed an issue where updating the group permissions would not honor the new setting
- Color Selection: Fixed an issue where the Value and Saturation setting would decrease by 1 the next time a color was edited
- Dashboard Designer: Fixed an issue regarding the report button being disabled if a frame was not selected. Now, the button will be enabled even if a frame is not selected.
- Reports: Fixed an issue where it was possible to run a report against a dashboard even if reports had been disabled on the dashboard.
- Dashboards, without any charts, and without the configuration to display a screenshot on the report, would create an empty PDF. With this service release, we will now display the message: This report is empty because there are no charts to render and no cover page has been configured.
- Parameters: Chart titles were not displaying input parameter values.
- Parameters: macros were causing a problem but they shouldn't anymore.
- Fixed an issue where Drilldown to Chart Report did not produce a report.
- Chart Parameters: An issue was fixed when the chart parameters were not being recognized within the Chart Title property (new charts only).
- Chart Designer: The mouse-over value on properties was restored in this release.
- iFrame Panel: Fixed an issue where Dashboard parameters could not be used in the iFrame URL.
- Data Hub
- The ETL Load task had errors when using PostgreSQL if the database was configured with Quote Table and Column Names set to Off.
- An issue was fixed that occurred when using back-to-back Combine Column tasks.
- Product Evaluation: An undocumented problem existed with using v10.2a for the iDashboards evaluation process due to an issue with automatically updating a repository when using Derby.
To upgrade please use the Support Download Site to download the CDROM files, for new clients, you will download the Production Installer. If you have used the Support Download Site in the past, you will use the same credentials. If you have not, please contact your Client Success Manager and we can help you obtain your credentials. It is often found in your license update emails, below the licensing information, you will see download URL, username, and password.
Service Release Notes are created by Development and Updated by the Support Services Team. If you find anything we missed, then please contact Dashboard Support for further assistance and they will update the article.