This will require Data Admin privileges to setup and Builder for implementation.
iDashboards is able to connect to Oracle OCI Database (No SID) by using an Oracle OCI JDBC Driver. A JDBC driver is a software component enabling a Java application to interact with a database. To connect with individual databases, JDBC (Java Database Connectivity API) requires drivers for each database. The JDBC driver gives out the connection to the database and implements the protocol for transferring the query and result between client and database. iDashboards implements native protocols and do not require additional software installed on the driver host. In other words, iDashboards provides driver connectivity with JDBC Data Source via the specified driver. This document explains a step-by-step procedure to create the Data Source with the Oracle OCI JDBC Driver.
Follow the steps below to set up a data source in iDashboards Admin or Data Hub.
- Download the Basic Package and JDBC Supplement Package
- For non-Windows users: Oracle Instant Client Downloads, find those packages for your OS
- Run the Basic Package Installer
- Copy the driver, which is implemented as a .jar file to the following location:
- <iDashboards Installation Folder>\ivizgroup\drivers
- Restart the iDashboards service (iDashboardsSRV)
- Login to iDashboards Admin
- Select Data Sources
- Click New
- Set the Data Source Type to Generic JDBC
- In the Create a Data Source window fill in the highlighted fields:
For More Information:
- Creating a Database URL (Connection String)
- Oracle JDBC Driver Download
- Oracle Database Documentation
- Oracle JDBC Driver Documentation
- iDashboards Admin Manual 10. Managing Data Sources
Disclaimer: iDashboards Technical Support Engineers are not proficient in the Management and Integration of every API that exists as new APIs are being created everyday with each company that wants to provide seamless integration with other software. However, we do our best to help you make these connections because we want to assist you in your success. If you do not see an article for a connection you would like to make please contact iDashboards Support and know that it will take a bit of time to figure out what is necessary for this integration.
If the above is unable to resolve the issue, then please contact iDashboards Support for further assistance.
Please sign in to leave a comment.