Note: MS SQL Server, MySQL, and PostgreSQL Repository for v10+ is available
The iDashboards Visibility Pack has been created by the iDashboards Support Services Team as a set of dashboards to assist iDashboards Administrators in understanding the many entities of within the software and their usage within the installation. The iDashboards Visibility Pack contains four types of dashboards: the first contains both iDashboards User and iDashboards Admin console logging information, the second contains information regarding both Personal and non-Personal Category information, the third set contains information about Data Sources, Users, Groups, Categories, Dashboards, Charts and Picklists and the last set contains information regarding iDashboards Global IDs. There are notes on the dashboard to assist you in understanding the metadata.
What Metadata is Recorded?
Logins by Administrators
Modifications to Data Sources
Users added by administrator
Dashboards viewed and by whom
Users logged in by day
Who created or modified a chart
View what users have access to a Category
In Personal Categories: Charts and Dashboards
See users who created a chart based on a particular Data Source
Permissions-based on Category, Dashboards access and Groups
Track Guest and Viewer logins per day
The iDashboards Visibility Pack is delivered by importing a .zip file (legacy .idbar file). During the import process, the Category, Picklists, Dashboards, and Charts contained in the .zip file (legacy .idbar file) utilize iDashboards Global IDs. THERE IS THE POSSIBILITY THAT THESE GLOBAL IDs WILL CONFLICT WITH YOUR INTERNAL GLOBAL IDs AND OVERWRITE YOUR EXISTING CATEGORIES, PICKLISTS, DASHBOARDS, AND/OR CHARTS. IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE iDashboards ADMIN TO ENSURE EXISTING ENTITIES ARE NOT OVERWRITTEN. Please read and understand the iDashboards Import process before installing the Visibility Pack.
Choose the .zip file that corresponds to your Repository and iDashboards version.
- VisibilityPack_SQLServer_v10.zip Microsoft SQL Server Repository and iDashboards v10+
- Visibility_Pack_MySQL_v10.5.zip MySQL Repository and iDashboards v10.5+
- Visibility_Pack_Postgre_v10.5.zip PostgreSQL Repository and iDashboards v10.5+
This pack is unique as it uses your iDashboards System Data and does not require any additional data connections. Any other dashboard pack will require more work to import.
Application - User
Data Hub Monitor
Entity - Dashboards
Entity - Users
*If you are new to the Visibility Pack please skip ahead to: Importing the v10+ Visibility Pack
For those who have the Flash Visibility Pack, you want to delete the current Visibility Pack
Deleting the Flash Visibility Pack
- In Builder, locate the Category: Visibility Pack
- Left-Click in a blank space in the Dashboard tab and drag your mouse to select all the dashboards
- Click the Delete button on the bottom, you will then have to confirm the deletion for each object
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 in the Chart and Picklist tab
- Login to Admin, click Categories, and delete the Category: Visibility Pack
Importing the v10+ Visibility Pack
- In iDashboards Data Admin, click System and select Import/Export
- Using the Operation: dropdown, select Manage Global IDs
- On the left menu select Data Sources
- Set the IDB System Database Global ID to 0
- From the Operation: dropdown select Import Charts and Dashboards
- Click Choose File and find the VisibilityPack_SQLServer_v10.zip file
- Then click Submit
- On the next screen in the upper right corner click Import
- Select System and click System Settings
- In the left menu select Server Settings
- Ensure that Request Logging Enabled setting is set to TRUE
- Note: No historical usage data was logged if you changed this setting from FALSE to TRUE
Possible Issue: After following the instructions above you receive the error:
The data source with ID 0 is not available.
Solution: Edit the IDB System Database data source and check the following boxes:
Quote Table and Column Names
Allow Custom Queries
The iDashboards Visibility Pack is delivered as-is. There will be no modification of the dashboards by the Support Services team. The iDashboards Support Services team has put a lot of effort into making sure that the dashboards contain as much information as can be provided. By downloading and installing the iDashboards Visibility Pack the iDashboards Administrator assumes responsibility for its usage and for understanding the data presented. NO FURTHER DEVELOPMENT OF THE iDashboards Visibility Pack WILL BE MADE BY THE iDashboards Support Services team.