This requires being connected to your server.
How do I upgrade iDashboards?
If your Support and Maintenance contract is up to date then you are licensed to download the iDashboards_XX.XX_EnterpriseSuite_CDROM.zip. Please download from the Support Download Site and read ALL the documentation provided before upgrading. If you do not know your credentials please contact your Client Success Manager for assistance. You will need access to your application server for upgrades, and your database server for any upgrades increasing in number. If you wish to upgrade to Tomcat 10+ please see Upgrading to Tomcat 10.
Downloads For All Upgrades
For Partners your username and password were sent to the main contact before the original installation. If you need assistance with your username and/or password contact the Support Team for assistance.
ALWAYS backup your Repository Database BEFORE upgrading
- Download iDashboards_XX.XX_EnterpriseSuite_CDROM.zip from the Support Download Site to download the CDROM files. If you have used the Support Download Site in the past, you will use the same credentials. If you have not, please contact your Client Success Manager and we can help you obtain your credentials. It is often found in your license update emails, below the licensing information, you will see download URL, username, and password.
- Once you unzip the package go into Scripts -> database -> upgrade_repository then: click which server you have (MS SQL Server labeled sqlserver) and select the upgrade script that corresponds with your current version.
- Open and Run it against your repository database (often named iDashboards)
- This should not have any errors, if it does please contact the Support Team so we can best assist.
- Go back into that installation package main folder, go in the bin folder and copy the three .war files (idashboards.war, idbdata.war, scorecards.war; idb_graphics.zip and idbext.jar are optional)
- Locate where iDashboards is installed on your computer
- C: Program Files/iDashboards_SRV
- Open the Server folder then webapps
- Create a new folder and label with your current version number
- Put the existing .war files into the folder
- Now, move the new folder into the Server folder
- Once this happens you will see the idashboards, idbdata. and scorecards folders disappear
- Do NOT go to step 10 until they disappear
- Paste those copied .war files from the installation package into the webapps folder and it will re-create the folders: idashboards, idbdata, and scorecards
- Once those are re-created you will officially be upgraded
- If you can do this successfully then you will be all set for future upgrades!
If you are before v9.5
- Contact the Support Team to download:
- Then schedule time with someone on the Support Team to assist in your upgrade
For More Information:
- Upgrading to Version 10+
- Previously Read: Determining Your iDashboards Version
- Read Next: System License: Determining the IP Address
Do not attempt to upgrade until you receive a current license. Please follow ALL steps provided. The Support Team is here to assist in the upgrade. If the above is unable to resolve the issue, then please contact iDashboards Support for further assistance.
Please sign in to leave a comment.