This requires Admin privileges to setup and Builder for implementation.
How do I set up a Public Access (guest) user account?
On the purchase of a Public Access License, a customer will receive a new license file from the iDashboards Client Executive with added Public Access user(s). The user name of the Public Access user is embedded into the software license file and cannot be changed. The user name of the Public Access user can be viewed on the About page in iDashboards Admin. A Public Access user account must be added just like any other user, but it must match what is in the About page in iDashboards Admin.
- In Users create the Public Access or Guest User
- Assign a user role to the Public Access or Guest User
- Assign one or more user groups to the Public Access or Guest User
- Once the Public Access or Guest User has been configured its username will be followed by an asterisk (*)
- Login using the Public Access or Guest User you created
- Now invoke the special URL:
- Replace guestusername in the URL with the actual username viewed in iDashboards Admin for this guest user.
Hiding the Category Dropdowns
The Category dropdowns can be hidden during a guest login session by adding a parameter c (lowercase) with a value of 0 (zero) to the guest login URL:
Embedded Viewer Mode
For More Information:
- iDashboards Admin Manual 7 Managing Users
- iDashboards Admin Manual 15 Guest Logins via the Public Access License
- Read Next: Embedding iDashboards into an iFrame
If the above is unable to resolve the issue, then please contact iDashboards Support for further assistance.