Note: Upgrading to version 12 will require upgrading to Java 11 and Tomcat 9.
1. Download Amazon Corretto 11 via the link below.
2. Download Apache Tomcat 9 from the link below. (you want the 32-bit/64-bit Windows Service Installer)
3. Download the latest iDashboards CDROM.zip file from the download site using your company credentials. If you don't know your credentials contact your account manager or support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Run the Java 11 installer. When that's complete run the Tomcat 9 installer. Keep the default port 8080 for now. Uncheck the manager, documentation, and start menu items. At the end uncheck readme and start Tomcat. We need to make some changes so it's better off not starting it yet.
Note: Make sure when you run the Tomcat installer that it's pointing to the Java 11 jvm.dll and it's installing in the Program Files directory (not Program Files x86). Leave the port at the default 8080. We'll change that later. Finally don't have it start the service toward the end of the installation. We still need to make changes.
5. Open the command line tool by typing CMD in the start menu. Navigate to C:\Program Files\iDashboards_SRV\Server\bin. It's easiest if you navigate to the bin folder via the File Explorer and copy the path from the field at the top.
6. From the command line type cd and then paste the path to the bin folder you copied from the file explorer. Hit enter.
7. Now that you're in the bin folder via the command line. You need to open the idashboardsW.exe to get to the Tomcat Java Options in the old version of Tomcat. To do this type idashboardsW.exe //ES//iDashboardsSRV and hit Enter. This will open the Tomcat Server Properties window.
8. Next open the Tomcat Server Properties from Tomcat 9. Navigate to the bin folder in the file explorer C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 9.0\bin now you can just double click the Tomcat9W.exe to open it. Now you can see both windows side by side as below.
9. In the old Tomcat Properties window, click the Java tab. In the Java Options locate the Divizgroup.home line and copy that to the Java Options in the Tomcat 10 like above, and check to make sure the Java Virtual Machine field is pointing to Java 11 jvm.dll.
10. Now were going to swap the ports between the older version and iDashboards 12. To do this we need to copy the server.xml and web.xml files. They should be located here by default.
C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 9.0\conf
11. Locate the CDROM.zip, open or extract it and navigate to bin/ and copy the idashboards.war and idbdata.war and copy them to the Tomcat 9 webapps folder here C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 9.0\webapps. The war files in the jakarta folder were specifically designed for Tomcat 10 so be sure NOT to use them.
12. Open Services by going to the Start menu and typing "services". Locate the Tomcat 9 service, right click and select properties, Set the Startup option to automatic. click the Log On tab and select the Local System radio button. Click OK. Stop and disable the old Tomcat(iDashboards Server Service) and start the Tomcat 9 Service. This re-caches the server.xml to complete the port switch.
That should be it. At this point you can test your URL
Note: If you are using SSL on your previous version or run into any problems please contact support at email@example.com.