Note: Upgrading to version 12 will require upgrading to Java 17 and Tomcat 10.
1. Download Amazon Corretto 17 via the link below.
2. Download Apache Tomcat 10 from the link below.
3. Download the latest iDashboards CDROM.zip file from the download site using your company credentials. If you don't know your credentials contact your account manager or support at email@example.com.
4. Run the Java 17 installer. When that's complete run the Tomcat 10 installer. Uncheck the manager, documentation and start menu items.
Note: Make sure when you run the Tomcat installer that it's pointing to the Java 17 jvm.dll and it's installing in the Program Files directory (not Program Files x86). Leave the port at the default 8080. We'll change that later. Finally don't have it start the service toward the end of the installation. We still need to make changes.
5. Open the command line tool by typing CMD in the start menu. Navigate to C:\Program Files\iDashboards_SRV\Server\bin. It's easiest if you navigate to the bin folder via the File Explorer and copy the path from the field at the top.
6. From the command line type cd and then paste the path to the bin folder you copied from the file explorer. Hit enter.
7. Now that you're in the bin folder via the command line. You need to open the idashboardsW.exe to get to the Tomcat Java Options in the old version of Tomcat. To do this type idashboardsW.exe //ES//iDashboardsSRV and hit Enter. This will open the Tomcat Server Properties window.
8. Next open the Tomcat Server Properties from Tomcat 10. Navigate to the bin folder in the file explorer C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 10.0\bin now you can just double click the Tomcat10W.exe to open it. Now you can see both windows side by side as below.
9. In the old Tomcat Properties window, click the Java tab. In the Java Options locate the Divizgroup.home line and copy that to the Java Options in the Tomcat 10 like above, and check to make sure the Java Virtual Machine field is pointing to Java 17 jvm.dll. Apply and OK.
10. Now were going to swap the ports between the older version and iDashboards 12. To do this we need to open the server.xml. They should be located here by default.
C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 10.0\conf
11. Open both server.xmls and locate the section below. It's nearly halfway down. You want to change the connector port in Tomcat 10 to whatever it is in the old Tomcat XML. In the old one you can change it to whatever port isn't being used 8080 or 6600 for example. Save both.
12. Locate the CDROM.zip, open or extract it and navigate to bin/jakarta and copy the idashboards.war and idbdata.war and copy them to the Tomcat 10 webapps folder here C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 10.0\webapps. The war files in the jakarta folder were specifically designed for Tomcat 10.
13. Open Services by going to the Start menu and typing "services". Locate the Tomcat 10 service, right click and select properties, click the Log On tab and select the Local System radio button. Click OK and restart the service. Then locate the old Tomcat service or iDashboards Server Service and restart it as well. When it's running again, you can either leave it or go into properties and disable it.
That should be it. At this point you can test your URL
Note: If you are using SSL on your previous version or run into any problems please contact support at firstname.lastname@example.org. The syntax for SSL in the server.xml is different in Tomcat 10. If you try and copy it over from the old server.xml, it won't work.