This will require Data Admin privileges to setup and Builder for implementation.
iDashboards is able to connect to NetSuite by using a NetSuite JDBC driver. A JDBC driver is a software component enabling a Java application to interact with a database. To connect with individual databases, JDBC (Java Database Connectivity API) requires specific drivers for each database. The JDBC driver gives out the connection to the database and implements the protocol for transferring the query and result between the client and the database. iDashboards implements native protocols and does not require additional software installed on the driver host. In other words, iDashboards provides driver connectivity with the JDBC Data Source via the specified driver. This document explains a step-by-step procedure to create the Data Source.
Before you can connect, the driver must first be installed on your iDashboards server.
- Download the latest version of the driver on your iDashboards server. The NetSuite JDBC driver is provided to NetSuite customers via their online account. If you need assistance finding the driver, please reach out to your NetSuite support team.
- Please Note: Make sure you download the 32 bit version of the driver
- Run the JDBC driver installer provided by NetSuite
- It will install to C:\Program Files (x86)\Netsuite
- Locate the following: NQjc.jar
- Copy the .jar file to your <ivizgroup home>/drivers
- Please Note: For iDashboards production installations deployed using the automated Windows installer, the default <ivizgroup home> directory is C:\Program Files\iDashboards_SRV
- Restart your iDashboards service (iDashboardsSRV) to complete the driver installation
Follow the steps below to set up a data source in iDashboards Admin or Data Hub.
- Log on to iDashboards Admin or Data Hub
- Select Data Sources
- Click New
- Select Generic JDBC
- In the Create a Data Source window fill in the highlighted fields:
Data Source Name: This can be anything you like and is for reference only
User ID and Password: Username and password for your NetSuite account
Database URL: The connection string to your database which should begin with jdbc:ns://
Example Connection String: jdbc:ns://odbcserver.netsuite.com:1708;ServerDataSource=NetSuite.com;Encrypted=1;CustomProperties=(AccountID=111111;RoleID=1);
JDBC Driver Class: com.netsuite.jdbc.openaccess.OpenAccessDriver
- The connection string should be modified with your connection information (server, port, Account ID and Role ID). Reach out to your NetSuite support team if you do not have this information.
- Click Save
For More Information:
- Creating a Database URL (Connection String)
- NetSuite JDBC Driver Documentation
- iDashboards Admin Manual 10. Managing Data Sources
Disclaimer: iDashboards Technical Support Engineers are not proficient in the Management and Integration of every API that exists as new APIs are being created everyday with each company that wants to provide seamless integration with other software. However, we do our best to help you make these connections because we want to assist you in your success. If you do not see an article for a connection you would like to make please contact iDashboards Support and know that it will take a bit of time to figure out what is necessary for this integration.
If the above is unable to resolve the issue, then please contact iDashboards Support for further assistance.
Article is closed for comments.