This will require Data Admin privileges to setup and Builder for implementation.
The E2 ERP uses two different systems for data storage and iDashboards connection will connect to either database. The small E2 environment utilizes Microsoft Access, while the larger environments utilize Microsoft SQL Server. The process below will walk you through the setup of the configuration first Microsoft Access then Microsoft SQL Server.
- Please see MS Access Database for information on connecting with the UCanAccess driver.
Microsoft SQL Server
Follow the steps below to set up a data source in iDashboards Admin or Data Hub.
- Download the latest JDBC driver from sourceforge.net
- Go to iDashboards Admin or Data Hub
- Data Sources -> then New
- In the Create a Data Source window fill out the highlighted fields:
- Click Save
For More Information:
- Creating a Database URL (Connection String)
- ECI Shoptech E2 ERP
- iDashboards Admin Manual 10. Managing Data Sources
Disclaimer: iDashboards Technical Support Engineers are not proficient in the Management and Integration of every API that exists as new APIs are being created everyday with each company that wants to provide seamless integration with other software. However, we do our best to help you make these connections because we want to assist you in your success. If you do not see an article for a connection you would like to make please contact iDashboards Support and know that it will take a bit of time to figure out what is necessary for this integration.
If the above is unable to resolve the issue, then please contact iDashboards Support for further assistance.